Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Aftermath

My head spun my tummy grumbled
My hair was a mess my clothes crumpled
Didn’t make an idea out of a clue
I had recollections so damn few
Heard vague noises speak some stuff
The most mundane was now so tough
‘Let there be normal’ I wanted to scream
Just wishing away all that was a dream
Coffee and water would do it away
I’d be just fine start of the day
I lay dazed completely flummoxed
Cause nothing damn it could be stomached
Just as I gave up mind over matter
Cause I didn’t know the former from the latter!
I managed to hum myself to sleep
Oblivious of the shit I got into so deep.

Recollections after the 'first' drink!!!!! Hangover woes!!! Long over come but never forgotten. Lesson learnt mom!!! Shall not repeat!! :-z

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Manasi,

Good one like usual... humorous but indeed with a taste of experiential bitterness (read as frankness) which I like about your poems.

Particularly cherished the ensuing lines, for I have lost count of how many times I myself have rued for not putting mind o'er matter...

"Just as I gave up mind over matter
Cause I didn’t know the former from the latter!"

A burst of colour said...

hey thanks.....i was particularly happy with myself for spinning that line!!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that Manasi!

Keep at it...

Nero said...

:D

Nero said...

I don't think so.. Dropped by when I was surfing aimlessly.

AR said...

My first drink was my last drink!

chaitu said...

yeah...
it feels like the same as u said....but , this happens everytime i drink...!!!!