Monday, March 06, 2006

Corridors

I've walked many corridors through my life
through happiness, victory, struggle and strife
I walked with a glance towards the open
Thinking about people and words spoken
I saw my life unfold ahead
Imagined what could have been with the dead
I wondered at what lay in the future
Sometimes fought fears so immature
School,college,work
Through many corridors did I lurk
walking the sunny side most time
through though,song and mime
Saw my life the way I wanted it
awards,applause,love,marriage kids- every bit
I saw reality more than that
some terrific cheer some ugly spats
I blinked at the smiling sun above
Wondered what next done with now
infactuation struck when eyes met
an affair I look back with fond regret
exams came easy and tough
many more challenges smooth and rough
I waited anxiously many occasion
in dusty corridors amidst confusion
walking through corridors means a lot
for it shows me what may happen or not
I always see so much ahead
And think to myself how time has sped
I am to walk many corridors new
To the occasion to emerge anything but few
As I walk I shall see, think and smile
That the corridor of my life just grew a new mile.


Corridors have always made me think about what happened and what is to happen. I always manage to think about my aspirations when I walk corridors. I ve been caught many times being someone else as I walked corridors in school. I ran through corridors in college because I wanted to get home soon. I Love the corridor in MSE where I spent many rainy afternoons. Where I eagerly anxiously waited to hear I got the GECIS job - My first stepping stone!!!Even the shady smoking zone corridor at SCOPE makes me think. But most of all I have very fond memories of the corridor in Vidya Mandir Adyar, where I waited every morning before class started. Another structure that I just love is the terrace, but thats another poem another time.!!!! If we had terraces of our lives, I guess it would be very tough to come down to earth....

No comments: